My day started at:
The baby (my dog) wouldn’t sleep again at the beginning of the night, so I didn’t get to be until after midnight. Fitbit shows I got around 5hrs 35 mins of actual sleep.
What I accomplished:
- I went on a run to Walnut St Bridge
- I went bowling with a social bowling league I signed up for a few weeks back
- I signed up to be in a mastermind group with some other people in Fizzle
Quote of the day:
“The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” – Helen Keller
- I am grateful for good coffee
- My eyes- sounds cheesy, but life would not be the same without being able to see everything I have in front of me – the sights, nature, where I’m walking, etc.
- Good books that help you see the world in a different way
3 mile run west to the Walnut St Bridge and through Rittenhouse Square – I was really struggling today. I’m not sure if it was the podcast I was listening to was very slow moving or if my body is just getting tired (probably a combination of the two).
What went well:
I got through a lot of online work, found quite a few local meetups I can start going to that will have my target market there, or at least meet people who can help in business. I also found a free conference for small business owners happening in March, so I signed up for that.
What could have gone better:
I ended up having a few drinks when I went bowling. Not the end of the world, and I didn’t end up feeling hungover today – I’m posting this late, which is another thing that could have gone better. I went to bed around 8pm so that I could sleep off the alcohol before work in the morning- which I did successfully.
What I learned:
Life is all about connections and networking. Putting yourself out there can ultimately help you find people who can guide you, as well as you help them along their path.
I forget this often, but every time I go to a social event, or a meetup group, I end up getting so much value – whether it be job interviews, tips for making something I’m working on better, or even just a friendly face to hang out with again.
Picture for the day: